Let’s embrace this silky perfection for the last time with this tantalizing recipe.
Lemony Avocado Pea Pasta
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
· 140 g spaghetti
· 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and diced
· 100 g frozen garden peas
· Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
· 4 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
· 50 ml avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
· Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to instructions on the packaging. Add the peas for the last 2-3 minutes. Drain and reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- Toss the pasta and peas with diced avocado, and cooking water, stir in the lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan, the reserved cooking water, and the avocado oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then pile it into two serving bowls. Sprinkle the dill and the remaining Parmesan over the top and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of
Recipe courtesy of: The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association
Loved what you read? Leave a comment or get in touch at email@example.com.