Amidst the daily chaos, it is as important as ever to schedule time for yourself. Even something as simple as warm bath can help relax tensed nerves and will generally just make you feel more relaxed.
Here’s how to turn your bathroom in your own personal spa:
- Start by booking out some time where you won’t be disturbed. Put the kids to bed a little bit early or get your hubby (or wifey) to take over for a bit.
- Check the water temperature. Water that is too hot will simply dry out your skin.
- Choose some essential oils to add to your bath. Each has a specific purpose and effect and only a few drops will go a long way.
- Or add some bubbles. Bubble bath will help retain the temperature of the water, keeping it warmer for longer.
- Light a candle or two.
- Put on your favorite playlist.
- Get your favorite cold or hot beverage and place it at arm’s length.
- If you are up for some reading, grab your favourite magazine or book.
- For the ultimate relaxing experience put on a face or hair mask before getting into the bath. This will allow some time for the mask to sit before rinsing it off.
- Practice some bathtub meditation if you fancy some. It is as easy as focusing on your breathing.
- Have your fluffy towel and gown or pj’s and some moisturising body lotion ready for when you need to get out.
- Enjoy your bath and relax.
Want to add some luxurious products to the experience?
Here are a few recommendations:
Bath and tissue oils
Hair and face masks
Gowns and PJ’s
Loved what you read? Leave a comment or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.